Friday 2 August 2013

Be Creative - Make the most of what you have

So if you're a party girl like me you'll relate to me when I say it's difficult to keep up with outfits you can wear. I'm so bad that I plan outfits well ahead of any event, party, night out, etc.. And while that's all good and well, don't you need money to keep up your fashion needs? I mean you can't be seen dead in an outfit you wore before? Or can you? 
I'm all for wearing clothes and outfits that I know nobody else will be wearing, and with this cute tip I have to share with you, you'll always have something different, unique and inexpensive to wear while you're out having the time of your life. The only thing you need is a sleeveless spanx - I purchased mine from penneys; it'll be the best €6 you will ever spend!

Now I know what you're thinking; what in the world do I need that for? It'll be your main tool in recreating your favourite items of clothing. 
Almost every night out I wear something in a way that it was not designed to be worn - like a peplum top as a crop top, or a dress as a skirt. How? With the aid of a sleeveless spanx :) 

How to wear a dress as a skirt:
You can use any dress you like; tight, frilly, long, etc... Start by putting the dress on as you usually would and then turn the dress inside out so your dress is basically upside down on your body (arm holes and neck hole on your legs and bottom half up the top). Taking your sleeveless spanx put it up over your legs like a skirt covering over half the dress and then taking the other half of the dress pull it down over the spanx. And now you have a brand new skirt :) I use this trick all the time and get numerous compliments asking me where I purchased my skirt - and you can do it with almost any dress!

How to make your own crop top:
Peplum tops are the easiest tops to create your own crop top. It's so easy to do and you'll get so many compliments. All you need to do is put the sleeveless spanx top on under your peplum top, take the peplum part of your top and simply tuck it under the spanx top, and walla! you have a brand new top :)

How to make a skirt into shorts:
I do this ALL the time. I'm not a big fan of short skirts at all but sometimes I may spot a pair that have a pretty pattern on them and I buy them with the intention of transforming them into shorts. You just quite simply put the skirt on, get a safety pin and grab the skirt inbetween your legs and pin it together, and there you have a brand new pair of shorts :) 


I hope this helps you on recreating the clothes you already have. I don't ever want to hear you say 'I've nothing to wear' because you have plenty to wear you just need to use your imagination <3 

Love,
Lorna xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Great post. Way to get creative with what you have. You have a very style. Thanks so much for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!! You made my day. I do hope you'll join in again. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely will be joining in again, such a brilliant idea to get bloggers to interact with one another. I wouldn't miss it for the world :)

      Love, Elle xx

      Delete