Tuesday 13 August 2013

Review - Sephora Brightening & Hydrating foundation ♡


Like many other girls I'm still on the search for that one 'perfect' foundation. I've been through Mac, Clarins, Yves St Laurent, Rimmel, you name it! Although each and everyone of them has given me that 'wow' factor at first, that seems to fade after a couple of days. 

I'm in Portugal at the moment and I came across a Sephora store in the local shopping centre and I said I'd have a look at their foundation. I was greeted kindly by the beautician working at the counter who was happy to help me find a suitable foundation. I explained to her that I wanted a long lasting, light coverage, oil free, moisturizing and hydrating foundation, and that is EXACTLY what I got! 

The packaging of the foundation is very simple, just a basic circular bottle with a pump top - nothing too exciting. The texture of the foundation is not too watery and yet not too heavy which is exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my face, it feels as if I'm not wearing makeup at all. It looks very natural on, and definitely provides enough coverage to do you throughout the day and the night, while only using a pea sized amount! With its guaranteed oil free combination it leaves your face looking fresh and natural all day long. Setting me back only €16 compared to what I usually pay for foundation (€30-€40) it is a complete bargain! You can purchase it online if it suits you better on the Sephora website.



The application of this foundation is very easy. I usually apply my foundation using a brush and blend it using a stipple foundation brush, but this woman introduced me to my new found obsession - the beauty blender. The beauty blender is basically a oddly shaped 3D sponge which blends your foundation out perfectly using dabbing effects. I definitely reccomend getting one of these as they won't set you back too much; ranging from 3 to 10 euro in stores, or 50 cent to 2 euro on ebay :) 



At the moment this foundation is still leaving me with that 'wow' factor. Will that change over the coming weeks? Who knows! You're just going to have to stay tuned to find out :D

Also, just because this foundation is perfect for me does not mean it's perfect for everyone! So always test foundation before you purchase it. Take a sample of it on your jawline at the start of your shopping trip and if you still like it by the end then go back and purchase it.

I hope you found this review beneficial. Stay tuned for more blogposts soon ♡

Love,
Lorna xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment