Monday 26 August 2013

BabyLips by Maybelline - Review ♡


I've been on the lookout for Babylips by Maybelline for a long time now since I first saw them in a picture on Instagram. My first impression was 'I need one' because of how cute and pretty the packaging looked. I looked in every shop that sold Maybelline and had no luck. I was just about to give up when I was shopping one day with my best friend and we decided to go into a department store called Shaws, and low and behold hanging there on the Maybelline stall was endless packets of Babylips, AND they were on sale from €7 to €4, so I was over the moon :)

I purchased the pink one which is called 'Pink Punch' and it smells absolutly amazing! I think the name really does match the smell and taste of these lipbalms.



The thing I love about these lipbalms is that they are not heavily pigmented but they do give a little splash of colour to brighten up your face. I'm not a fan of wearing heavy lipsticks during the day, but I'm also not a fan of going au natural, so this has given me a happy medium which I love! The colour I purchased is a very cool toned pink, nearly like a bubblegum pink; very pretty and very girly. It actually is much nicer on your lips than you would expect when looking at it in the tube. 

The texture of these lipbalms is perfect. It's not too heavy and thick, and it glides easily on to your lips. The only negative thing I would say is that you do have to apply at least 2 coats if it to ensure its even and soaks nicely into your lips. 

All in all I'm completely satisfied with this product. The packaging is cute and pretty, the fragrance is fun and the results are satisfactory. It's a really affordable and cute product to throw in your bag and your good to go 

Love,
Lorna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment