Saturday 10 August 2013

Elle's Night Time Routine ♡


My nightly routine is very hard to write about considering that each night is very different; I could be out partying, having a sleepover with the girls, etc... But I'm going to try and focus on my general routine that I do during the week and during the college term. 

When I arrive home from college its off with the outfit of the day and straight into the comfiest tracksuit I can find.


I get started on dinner straight away (or my mom will have it for me, depending on whether I'm home or in college). In the evening time, around 5 or 6 I usually try and get a bit of study done, catch up on homework, etc.. I find working consistently is the only way I can achieve the grades I want (I hope to do a study and stress blog around exam time). When I'm done with that I try to go on a short 10-15 minute walk to clear my mind of the stresses and worries of study, and life in general. I love my evening walk, it gives me that perfect 'me time' that I need after a long day ♡


When I come back I'll chat with my housemates or family, making time for the ones I love and then I'll usually watch TV for a little while and catch up on my favourite shows: Modern  Family, Coronation Street and Family Guy :) I love to cuddle up on the couch with a soft, fluffy blanket thrown over me and a hot cup of tea on hand. Depending on whether I'm home or in my college house, my little puppy will be cuddled up beside me. To me, that is the definition of pure bliss ♡


After I've caught up on my shows I'll head up to my bedroom and cleanse, tone and moisturise my face, removing all makeup completely (try to never wear makeup to bed, it's very bad for your skin). As I mentioned in my morning routine I use Kaeso cleanser, toner and moisturiser (which Bee thankfully introduced me too :D) which I purchase at a local salon supply shop, and 'My Skin' cleansing Facewash which I purchased in tesco for about €2.50. I'll either have a hot body shower or if I have time (and hot water :P) I'll have a long hot bubble bath using Radox bath gel, and will have my favourite scented candle lit; Yankee Candle Soft Blanket ♡ 

This helps me to unwind and relax, and actually helps me sleep a whole lot better! I moisturise my body with E45 cream only as I find scented moisturisers before I go to beds little bit overwhelming. I always take B complex vitamins and cod liver oil tablets before I go to bed to ensure healthy skin, hair and nails. I rub vasaline on my eyelashes and my lips and then I get straight into my pyjamas and head to bed. If I was at home I'd maybe put on a movie or a favourite TV show and snuggle up in bed and watch it, or if I was in college I'd do the same but on my laptop as I don't have a TV in my room. I catch up on all the latest on twitter, facebook and Pinterest, and the last thing I do before I go to sleep is text my boyfriend goodnight ♡


This is my night time routine and I'd love to hear yours? :) Hope you enjoyed it ♡

Love, 
Elle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment