Tuesday 6 August 2013

Elle's Morning Routine ♡



Hello Dolls ♡

Today I'm here to share with you my morning routine. If you know me you'll know I'm an early bird. I have so much energy in the morning it's insane! My day begins usually between the hours of 7-8am. When I wake up I usually lie in bed and chill with my iPhone for about 5 or 10 minutes, checking up on all the latest on Twitter, Facebook and of course Pinterest ♡ 
Once I get up my bed HAS to be made! When it comes to my room I am an organized freak, everything has to be clean and organized at all times! 
I go straight downstairs and cuddle and play with my puppy for about 10 minutes. I'm usually one of the 1st people up in my house so Harry is usually very excited to see me! 

Provided the weather is good I usually slip into my workout gear and head out for a short 10 minute walk, sometimes I bring harry, to help wake me up and to breathe in some fresh morning air. I love the feeling of a morning walk, watching the world pass and seeing everyone go about their own morning routines. When I get home a cup of tea is the number 1 priority, sure hey that's what makes me Irish :D 

I then head upstairs and start on my morning fitness routine (which I have wrote about not so long ago).
Once that's done, I head for a nice long hot shower. I tend to spend a long time unecessaryily in the shower. I wash my hair twice using whatever shampoos in the shower. At the moment I'm using Herbal Essence manderian shampoo and conditioner (which smells totally amazing btw). I apply my conditioner to the ends of my hair only and brush it through with a wide tooth comb. I leave my conditioner in while I wash my body with my all time favourite shower cream, Doves pampering Shea Butter and Warm Vanillia - smells absolutly gorgeous ♡ 

Before I finish up in the shower I always blast freezing cold water on myself, I read somewhere that it's good for your hair so I've been doing it for a good few years at this stage.

After my shower I always apply body mousturizer, at the moment I'm using Just Desserts Strawberry Cheesecake which I purchased 2 for £1.50 in Beauty Base while I was in London (brilliant store!!) - this smells amazing!

I spray my hair with Revlon Keratin Enriched Detangling Conditioner and Schwarzkopf BC hair therapy oil and then comb through with a wide tooth comb.

 I wrap my hair up in a hair towel after as I feel this leaves my hair feeling much healthier and softer. I then begin cleansing, toning and moisturizing my face using Kaeso Hydrating Cleanser, Toner and Mousturizer which can be purchased at any salon supply shop, and I also finish by washing my face with My Skin Daily Face Wash. 


Now on to my everyday makeup routine (I hope to do a video turtorial soon but for now..) ♡ I begin by applying NUXE oil to my face, I find this brilliant as a foundation primer as it soaks straight into your skin leaving it soft and smooth for easy makeup application. I purchased this in a local chemist, it costs about €31.95 which is quite pricey but worth it! I also find other inexpensive body oils do just as good a job too :) I also have macs prep and prime primer but I try to only use that for night time makeup, etc. Now on to foundation; my everyday foundation is Mac's face and body in the colour N2 which I apply with Mac's 187 stipple foundation brush, I find this a great everyday foundation as it has very light coverage and looks very natural. I then contour my face using Honolulu bronzer underneath my cheek bones, along my jawline and on my temples, which I purchased in a local chemist for €5.95, and Make-Up's glow up highlighter on the bridge of my nose, under my eyes and centre of my forehead. I then begin on my eyes using my Naked palette, I use Virgin under my brow bone, Sin on my lid and Buck on my crease and I blend. Using maybelline's Eyeliner gel and an angled brush I line my eyes and sometimes I create a flick. I curl my eyelashes using an eyelash curler I purchased from Forever 21 and apply 2 coats of Benefits 'They're Real' mascara. Using my HD Brow palette I then fill in my eyebrows lightly to give them some definition. I then apply my mint balmi lipbalm to my lips and I'm good to go!

http://m.youtube.com/watchfeature=plcp&v=W2qnr5h5GGk



It's then time to pick out my clothes; depending on the weather I usually opt for a cute pretty romper or leggings/jeans and a cute top. 
Taking the towel from my hair I then begin blow drying my hair using my Parlux 2800 hairdryer which I purchased from my hairdresser and a large round brush. I then run my GHD quickly through my hair and I'm done; ready to have a good day ♡


I hope you enjoyed this blog post, I'd love to hear some feedback in the comments below.

Love,
Lorna ♡  
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment