Monday 5 August 2013

Liebster Award


Today we were awarded the Liebster Award tag and we are so honoured. After only beginning on our blogging adventures a few weeks back, this is a huge achievement for us and we are so grateful to the lovely Harriet Darcey for nominating us :) 

For those of you who don't know what the Liebster Awards is, it is an award given to upcoming bloggers with less than 1000 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning kindness, sweetness, lovliest, etc.. so  it really is so lovely to be nominated for this award. The Liebster award is a brilliant way to get all the bloggers together and to help share, experience and discover one another's blogs.

So lets get started:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
We decided to start our blog because we both have a huge interest in both fashion and beauty. We hope to inspire others with our passion. We also would like to share our personal experiences with others to help them through life's journey.
2. What is your blog about?
Our blog is about beauty, fashion and life.
3. What is your favourite product ever?
Elle: My Victoria Secrets mists collection - I'd be lost without them!
Bee: My Soap and Glory Milshake body lotion - Smells gorgeous and feels great after showers!
4. Would you prefer to go out on the town or stay in with a cuppa?
We both feel the same way when we say that it depends how we feel, what the weathers like and what's on. We love to cuddle up by the fire with the ones we love watching a movie, but we also love getting all dolled up and partying with our friends.
5. What is your favourite dessert?
Elle: Cupcakes!!
Bee: Strawberry Cheesecake!
6. What is the worst product you have ever bought/tried?
Elle: FAST hair growing shampoo - ended up drying my hair out and didnt grow faster at all - disaster!
Bee: Simple cleanser and toner because I usually have clear skin but with this brand I broke out in spots!
7. If there was only one clothing shop left on earth which one would you want it to be?
Elle and Bee: Forever 21 - the most amazing store we've ever shopped in!
8. What fashion/beauty advice would you give to your teenage self?
Elle: I would tell myself to keep my style simple and classy, and don't follow trends that I don't like just because everyone else does.
Bee: I would tell myself to find my style early because then I wouldn't still be spending so much money on clothes that I potentially don't like on myself.
9. Who is your favourite artist/band?
Elle: I don't have a particular favourite as I tend to like whatever's in the charts. If I had to pick one though I would chose Shania Twain as I feel her music has never bored me and my guilty pleasure is to listen to her songs on repeat!
Bee: One Direction - these guys are also my guilty pleasure!! I'm mad for a bit of Niall Horan :P
10. What was your first ever concert?
Elle: Beyoncé with Bee in 2001<3
Bee: S Club 7 - I was a bit of a fanatic back then!
11. Beauty or fashion?
We adore both beauty and fashion. Betty (Bee) study's makeup at the international school of makeup artistry and Lorna (Elle) study's business international with German in NUI Galway and would love to focus on marketing and fashion. Beauty comes with fashion and vice versa! We both converse with each other swapping tips and trends about beauty and fashion, that's why we work so well as a team! 

11 Random facts about us:
#1 We have been best friends since 1994, and we hope to stay close forever.
#2 We rarely go to any event/party/shopping/etc alone. We always go with each other.
#3 Elle - I'm obsessed with cupcakes
#4 Elle - I spend ages in the shower without meaning to
#5 Elle - I get worked up about the smallest things
#6 Elle - I make a good cup of tea :D
#7 Bee - I love old black and white movies and I'm obsessed with Audrey Hepburn
#8 Bee - I tend to over think everything
#9 Bee - I'm obsessed with having my nails pretty and cute
#10 Bee - I'm very family orientated 
#11 We both love our dogs to pieces - So cute :) 

The bloggers that we have decided to tag are:

The questions we would like you 11 lovely ladies to answer are:
1. What inspired you to begin blogging?
2. What's your sign and do you believe in horoscopes?
3. Where is your all time favourite place in the world?
4. If you could be extremely good at one thing what would you pick?
5. If you could chose an actor/actress to play your life story in a movie who would you chose and why?
6. Are you a morning person?
7. Do you feel you have followed your dreams?
8. Have you any weird obsessions?
9. What's your favourite scent and why?
10. You overslept, you have 15 minutes to get ready. Which is your number 1 priority, hair or makeup?
11. When you were 5 what did you aspire to be? Have you fulfilled that aspiration?

Thanks again for this tag award and we hope we have answered all your questions as best we can :) We look forward to reading all the 11 lovely ladies responses!

Love Elle Bee <3 xxx
-------------------------------------
The rules of the Liebster Award.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
I would like to add that you can nominate someone who already has been given this award, as long as they have less than 1000 followers/subscribers. The idea behind this award is to recognize new bloggers and help promote them! The benefit is that you get from doing this is that you get some promotion, too!  

4 comments:

  1. Simple's cleanser and toner brought me out in spots too! Obviously a duff product

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girls... Thanks so much for tagging me! I am so happy ye like my blog and congrats on getting nominated for this award so soon after you started blogging! :) I was tagged for a Liebster award at the beginning of the year... but I will quickly answer your questions here if that's ok? :)

    1. Other bloggers. I have followed other blogs for a long time and wanted to start my own blog for years but only got the courage to take the plunge a few months ago. :)
    2. Pieces... I really don't know. I read my horoscope but always take it with a pinch of salt.
    3. This is a really hard question but I always say Grand Central Terminal in NYC is one of my favourite places. :)
    4. Singing. I would love to have an amazing voice.
    5. Ooooh good question. Probably someone like Zoey Deschanel just because I have been told i look a little like her in the past. I'm not so sure though. :)
    6. Kinda. I get up earlish and go to bed late which is probably why I am always tired. :P
    7. Definitely not... but life throws opportunities your way and you have to roll with it. :)
    8. Royalty. I love the tradition and history that is associated with Royal FamilIes. I think it's fascinating.
    9. Lacoste Inspiration. It's a light scent and smells amazing.
    10. Make-up! I never do anything with my hair. Au-natural all the way :)
    11. A professional tennis player and definitely not although I do still dream about it. :P

    Thanks again girls :)
    Lorna. xox
    http://lcscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna for your reply :D
      We absolutly love your blog, always waiting to see what the next style update is so of course we had to nominate you for the award! :) :D Keep up your amazing work :)

      Xxx

      Delete