Tuesday 20 August 2013

My Experience with Performing ♡

Hii! ♡ :-)

So recently I competed in a pageant in our local town where we had to be interviewed and do a party piece (quite like the Rose of Tralee). It was an experience to say the least and I'm glad I did it. I have to say though I was quite nervous.. So I'm writing this blog to help anyone with stage fright, whether it is going in front of a crowd to say a speech or performing a song, it can get the better of you. I have tones of experience with being up on stage, I was in my local drama and dance group for 14 years where we did several plays and musicals like Snow White, HSM and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory! I also was one of the main cast in our schools production of "Beauty and the Beast". 
Me as Mrs.Potts in Beauty & The Beast

Even though I have this experience behind me I still get nervous like everyone else getting up on stage! Here are a few tips to help you get over those nerves:

1) Breathe, Relax and Just Have Fun With It! 
I know more than anyone the nerves that you can get before you have to do something big, be it going for an interview or getting up on stage like I had to do! It is a horrible feeling but I've learnt that the only way of getting rid of it is being confident in what you are doing and knowing that it is a good thing! You also have to remember that if you don't do it, it will never be over and you can never be happy that you did it!! So just take deep breaths, take it easy and remember you wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't something you wanted or were meant to do ;-)
 
2. You Were Chosen For A Reason 
You wouldn't be going up in front of a crowd if people thought you couldn't do it! You were given the opportunity because you are capable and you should know you are! You must say to yourself "I can do this". I was given a platform to perform in front of people and I did it because its the best experience you can get! And you learn from it and it only makes you stronger for the next time :-)

3: Confidence is key 
Although we all can have some confidence issues you have to realise your strengths and make the most of them. My biggest strength would be singing (it's what I love to do and want to pursue in my future career) so I want to show the world what I am capable of, and that's what you should do too!! If your strength lies in singing, dancing, speech making or even juggling show it to the world and be proud and confident that it is what you do and what you are best at! 


I really hope this helps even just one person out there because I know how difficult it can be but I've gotten through it so you can too! ♡

Love,
Betty ♡
(Bee)

xoxoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment