Saturday 17 August 2013

Portugal Bargains - Haul ♡

Hey girls 

Just said I'd do a short and quick Portugal Haul blogpost to show you some of the amazing bargains I came across! Before I begin I have to say that I hugely reccomend the Algarve in Portugal as one of my top holiday destinations. I have absolutly nothing negative to say about my experience. The people are so friendly and helpful, it is like shopping heaven with so many shops and such cheap prices, there was a sale on everywhere I looked, taxis are so cheap and the food over there is amazing! And of course who can forget how amazing the weather was, don't think the temperature dropped below 35 degrees - Amazing! 

Note: This blogpost is in no means a way of bragging, I'm simply just showing you some of the bargains that I found brilliant to give you some tips if you decide to take a trip to the Algarve too 

I came across a shop that created masterpieces out of soaps. Some of the creations there were absolutly amazing! I purchased this dessert inspired soap for only €3.50 and it smells absolutly devine. I think it's such a unique purchase and would make a great gift for someone.

I was on the lookout for a suitable college handbag and laptop case for a good while now and was delighted to find them both. I purchased the laptop case from Berska on sale from €20 to €4 - delighted!  I purchased this beautiful bag from a local shop in the town I was staying in for only €20 - bargain! 

The perfume here is from a small beauty shop in the town that sold copy's of perfumes. They had chanel, Armani, ck, etc.. I purchased the Jean Paul Gautier one as its my favourite scent. I'm usually quite sceptical about perfume copy's but these are brilliant, you wouldn't know the difference and the smell lasts just as long, and for only €3 they're a bargain! The only negative thing I have to say is I wish I purchased more :( 

I'm in love with chunky necklaces, especially gold ones, and was delighted when I arrived to find the town covered with shops selling these. These 2 are my favourite costing me only €5 for the 1st one and €3 for the 2nd one!

How pretty is this mobile I purchased? It was handmade by a lady selling them in a stall at the side of the street. You can see how much time and effort was put into making these and she priced them at only €8 which I feel is unbelievable as they look as if they're worth so much more. I also love purchasing items that reflect on the culture of the country 

I wouldn't be a fashion blogger without a pair of white skorts now would I? I've been on the hunt for these for awhile but they always seemed much more expensive than I thought they were worth. So I took a trip to Zara in the Algarve hoping they'd be much cheaper there, as everything else seemed to be, and they were :) costing me only €22.95 

I love patterned leggings. I feel they're so handy to have for those days that you want to look nice but still want to be comfortable. I love the natural floral pattern on these ones I purchased from Berska for only €8.99 

I'm obsessed with classy skirts and shorts, almost office like couture, living up to my stereotype being a commerce student. But, I will not pay high prices for them. For the 1st skirt, I purchased it in Zara on sale from €29.95 to €12. The 2nd skirt and the shorts were both from Mango, both originally costing €23.99 on sale to only €9.99. 

I'm all for bargain hunting! I never see the point in spending high prices for stuff that you can get something similar for less than half the price. My main tip for all of you is if you see something you like don't purchase it straight away, have a look around other shops and then if you still want it come back and purchase it after. There is nothing worse than the feeling of regret after purchasing something expensive and finding something similar a couple of shops later for much cheaper. Another tip that I always live by is try and contain yourself to shopping in just the sale sections. Think about it, the stuff on sale was not so long ago the 'new stuff', you will find amazing bargains there if you just look. I don't remember the last skirt or dress I bought that wasn't on sale, that's how much I swear by it 

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost, and please don't hesitate to give me some feedback! 

Love,
Lorna (Elle) xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment